With the RCI Points programme you have the flexibility to combine the value of your timeshare ownership across multiple years.
Saving Points means carrying Points from one Use Year to another. If you don’t use all your Points in the Use Year they were allocated, you can SAVE them to your next Use Year.
Extending Points refers to carrying previously saved Points into a third Use Year. If you don’t use them during second Use Year, you can pay a small fee to EXTEND into a third Use Year. For fee information click here.
Borrowing Points refers to bringing Points forward from your next Use Year to use in your current Use Year. If you need more Points to make an Exchange you can BORROW some from your next Use Year.
For example, if your current Points balance is 24,000, but your desired holiday is valued at 30,000, you can Borrow the shortfall of 6,000 Points from your next Use Year.
The value of Saving and Extending Points
• Being able to combine up to three years’ worth of Points means you can exchange for a holiday at a wider range of resorts and destinations. It can also give you greater flexibility of the dates you can go.
• If you are unable to take a holiday one year, you don’t have to lose your resort holiday time – you can effectively carry it over to the following year.
• If you use less than your annual allocation of Points to take your holiday, you can carry over any remaining Points to the following year.
How do I Save or Extend my Points?
Points are Saved automatically at the end of the Use Year in which they were allocated, and there is no fee providing that you have used at least some of the Points during that Use Year.
You can Extend your Points online at the time of booking your Points Holiday or by calling us. To Extend your Points into a third year, you must notify RCI prior to their expiration. A fee applies to Extending Points, which varies depending upon the number of Points involved.
The value of Borrowing Points
• Being able to Borrow Points and combine them with others means you can exchange for a holiday at a wider range of resorts and destinations. It can also give you greater flexibility of the dates you can go.
• If you have already used all your current Use Year’s points, but want to take another holiday, you can Borrow Points from your next Use Year.
• If you know that you will be unable to take a holiday in your next Use Year, you can bring the Points forward and take an even better holiday this year.
• You can Borrow as many Points as you need – from a small amount, to your entire allocation.
• You have the flexibility to combine Borrowed Points with Saved and Extended Points.
How do I Borrow Points?
Borrowing Points is completely free of charge! You can Borrow Points online at the time you book your Points Holiday or by calling us.
Remember, if you have used up all your Saved, Extended and Borrowed Points and would like to book another holiday with RCI, you can rent up to 50% of your annual Points allocation to book your chosen holiday.
Back to RCI® Help Page