A huge place to explore, Australia is a great place for the adventurous. Mind-blowing scenery, hip cities, great food and drinks and an amazing cultural history, Australia has much to offer tourists. The continent-country is a popular tourist destination, and is also home to several national parks as well as World Heritage Areas.
Reaching Australia is easy enough–by air. Airline carriers from across the globe touchdown in many of the major Australian cities, including Sydney and Melbourne. Getting around the country is also easier by flight, considering the vast distances between cities.
Things to Do
- Iconic destinations to visit when in Australia include the Great Barrier Reef, Ningaloo, Kangaroo Island, Namadgi National Park, The Australian Alps, and Great Ocean Road.
- Surrounded by water on three sides, the Sydney Opera House is shaped like huge shells, and is one of the icons of architecture in the country. If you appreciate architecture and design, the Opera House is a must-visit place.
- Tour Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, guided by rangers and Aboriginal guides around this structure that is seen as sacred.
- An impressive construction, the Sydney Harbour Bridge allows a breath-taking glimpse of the city and the harbor below.
- Blue Mountains National Park is a great place for nature enthusiasts. Apart from waterfalls, gorges and aboriginal rock paintings, the national park has other popular attractions as well–Three Sisters rock formations, Katoomba Scenic Railway and more. Tourists can mountain bike, hike, climb and even abseil in the park.
Best time to visit