How to register your online account
Go to RCI.com and under the ‘Sign in or Register’ tab click on ‘Not a Member on RCI.com? Sign Up Now!’, and enter your Membership ID, last name, email address and country of residence.
You’ll now be asked to create a username and password, as well as a secret question and answer. Once all the details are in place you can click on the continue button and your online account will be created.
In order to access your online account you must then activate it – this is done via a link in an email that we’ll send you. Once your account is activated you’ll be directed back to RCI.com where you’ll be able to log in to your new online account.
Problems creating an online account
If you have problems creating an account, it could be down to a number of issues. It might simply be due to a high volume of traffic – in which case please try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please review the following tips and information:
- Do not use the "Back" key when navigating our site.
- Avoid using saved links or bookmarks.
Because RCI.com goes through periodic changes, previously saved URL's may be obsolete. Instead, please access our site by entering our web address, www.rci.com, in the address field at the top of your screen. For that same reason, it may also be helpful to periodically delete your cache files. In Internet Explorer, just open the "Tools" menu and choose "Internet Options." Click the "General" tab, "Delete files," and then "OK."
- Check the browser type and version you are using. Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher works best. If you would like information about downloading a new browser at no cost, go to www.microsoft.com
- Java and cookies should be enabled on whatever browser you use.
If you continue to have difficulties other than those mentioned above, please advise what browser you are using, the exact phrasing of the error message you receive, and any other details that may be helpful.
Creating a Password
It’s important to choose a strong password to keep your RCI account as secure as possible. Here are a few tips to help:
- Use at least 8 characters. A minimum of 1 character is required; a maximum of 15 is allowed.
- Avoid passwords that are easy to guess. These include phrases such as ‘password’, ‘RCI’, ‘123456’ or ‘secret’. Avoid using regular words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can easily be obtained.
My Username and Password aren’t recognised
If you are having problems logging in, please check that you have entered your details correctly – don’t forget they are case sensitive. If you still can’t log in you can request your details using the ‘Forgotten Username/Password’ tool found in the login area on the RCI.com homepage.
Forgotten Username and Password
You can retrieve your Username and Password by clicking the ‘Forgotten Username/Password’ link on the sign in panel.
Retrieving Username: On the left hand side of the next page you’ll need to enter your RCI Member ID and your first name as it appears on your RCI Membership.
When you click on ‘continue’ your username will be sent by e-mail to the email address that we have on your records.
Retrieving Password: On the right hand side of the ‘Forgotten Username/Password’ page you’ll need to enter your Username and click the continue button. Once you’ve submitted this information you’ll be prompted to answer the secret question you provided when you first set up your account. If your username, e-mail address and the answer to the question match, your Password will be sent by email. Once you log in, you will also have the option to change your Password. Please remember the logon process is case sensitive.
If you continue to experience difficulties accessing your online account let us know and we’ll be happy to help. Our working hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and the number to call is 0845 608 6380.
When the website runs slow
Occasionally the website can run a little slower than usual due to a variety of factors. It can be down to technical issues but deleting the cache files in your computer can sometimes help speed things up. For tips on how to do this, follow this link:
If you continue to experience difficulty, please call 6223 4333 to speak with an RCI Guide. Our lines are open from 9am-7pm, Monday to Friday and 9am-1pm on Saturdays. You can also get help from a member of our Chat Team by clicking the ‘Live Help Available’ link on the right hand side of the help page – this service is available from 10am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Clearing your browser cache
It’s also important to periodically delete your browser cache files because RCI.com goes through regular changes, meaning that previously saved URL addresses can become obsolete and cache files can direct you to out-of-date pages. To avoid these issues it’s also best to re-enter www.rci.com each time you visit the site.
We’ve listed the steps for clearing the browser cache in the most common web browsers below. If your browser of choice isn’t listed you should be able to find the steps in its help material or via a quick Google search.
When following the steps your browser may also offer options to clear such elements as stored passwords – this isn’t necessary, so they’re best left unchecked.
Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history. NOTE: You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
- Restart your browser.
Alternatively you can use this shortcut: Click “Ctrl+Shift+Delete” > Select top three items > Delete
If you have upgraded to Windows 10 then you will have the new Microsoft Edge Browser. Here is how to clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click History Icon.
- Now click “Clear all history“.
- Now select “Cookies and saved website data” and “Cached data and files” and click Clear.
- Click on the Firefox icon and choose ‘Options’ option.
- Switch to ‘Privacy’ tab in the ‘Options’ window.
- Under ‘History’, click ‘clear your recent history’.
- Set the period to clear to “everything”.
- In the same window, uncheck all the boxes except that of ‘cache’.
- Now, select the ‘Clear Now’ button.
- As soon as all the files are deleted, the window will disappear.
Alternatively you can use this shortcut: Click “Ctrl+Shift+Delete” > Cache + Clear Now.
Note: If you were facing any issue with your Firefox 27 browser, then it is very likely that the issue is solved.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Alternatively you can use this shortcut: Click “Ctrl+Shift+Delete” > Empty Cache + Clear Browsing Data.
For MAC - From the Safari menu, select Empty Cache.
Alternatively you can use this shortcut: Open Safari – “Ctrl+Comma” > Privacy > Remove All Website Data or Safari > Reset Safari > Remove all website data.
For Windows – From the Edit menu, select Empty Cache.
Alternatively you can use this shortcut: Click the Safari Settings > Clear Cookies and Data > Clear.
iPad and iPhone
If you are using the default Safari browser on your device you can delete the cache files (Cookies and Data) by following the steps below:
• From the main screen on your iPad or iPhone, click on Settings.
• Select the option labelled Safari and click on Clear Cookies and Data.
• A pop-up message will appear to confirm your choice.
• Click Clear to proceed.
• Do the same to clear History.
• Your iPad will work for a moment and the process will complete.
Which Browser works best
RCI uses browser detection technology to identify the web browser a visitor is using. The purpose of this is to advise our members who may be using outdated browsers to upgrade to a newer browser version in order to get the best results from our website.
You can install or update a supported browser by visiting the following websites:
• Apple Safari http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari
• Google Chrome https://www.google.com/chrome/
• Microsoft Internet Explorer https://www.microsoft.com
• Mozilla Firefox https://www.getfirefox.com/
• Opera https://www.opera.com/